What Are Responsible, Durable Goods?
You might have heard that United By Blue refers to its products as “responsible durable goods.” Let’s hear from them a bit about what that means in detail:
“Through the design, development, manufacturing, and shipping of our products, we strive for the highest level of responsibility.”
- Using sustainable raw materials like organic cotton, wool, tencel, and recycled polyester
- Adding innovative details: instead of using plastic buttons on our shirts, using corozo, a natural material derived from palm tree seeds
- Choosing dedicated manufacturers: whether foreign or domestic, we work with them to reduce waste, water consumption, and provide good working conditions
“Using quality materials is extremely important to make sure United By Blue products will last.”
- 18-oz. waxed organic canvas: thick, rugged, and water resistant
- 4-oz. full grain leather: its natural color will wear and age beautifully
- Brass hardware: resistant to rust and strong enough to hold your bag together
- Double needle stitching: used on all of our tees to prevent tearing at the seams
- Bags are guaranteed for life: get it repaired when it shows signs of wear
United By Blue is much more than a clothing company. As an outdoor lifestyle brand, they care about the earth and its stewardship. That’s why for every item you buy, they’ve committed to remove one pound of trash from oceans and waterways through organized volunteer cleanups.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.