Before we move completely into fall flavors, we thought we'd share this delicious chocolate banana tart from Taza that makes a great year-round dessert for any occasion. Whip this one up and invite a few of your favorite folks over to share. Good company + good pie = simple pleasure.
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
5 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
1/3 cup + 1 1/2 tbsp. sugar
pinch of salt
4 oz. Taza 70% Dark Chocolate, coarsely chopped
2 cups heavy cream
1 1/2 tbsp. dark rum
6 large ripe bananas
1/4 cup apricot preserves
Whipped cream, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease nine-inch tart pan with removable bottom or pie plate.
2. Combine graham cracker crumbs, 1/3 cup sugar, and melted butter. Press mixture to bottom and sides of pan. Bake for 16–18 minutes until sides are firm to the touch.
3. Meanwhile, whisk heavy cream with 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar and rum. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
4. Heat apricot preserves until smooth.
5. Slice bananas thinly. Reserve half. Combine remaining sliced bananas with preserves.
6. Arrange bananas without preserves on top of the crust.
7. To make the ganache, heat reserved cream and chocolate over a double boiler. Whisk until smooth. Pour ganache over the layer of bananas.
8. Arrange bananas in preserves in a pattern of your choice on top of the ganache.
9. Refrigerate one hour. Slice and serve with whipped cream. Servers 6–8.
Comments will be approved before showing up.